Saturday, November 27, 2010

Jack the Cat

Hey Penchant fans.

Jack the Cat here coming to you live from the basement - aka my former haven of tranquility for doing my business. But hey, if they think hangin out while I pinch off a loaf in the corner is a good time, more power to them. Meanwhile, I'm stuck staring numbly while my ear drums bleed night after night. For some reason they seem to think you can disguise technical shortcomings with more wattage in the amps. Let me tell you, all it does is make your crap louder. Oh yeah, and now they have this new field recorder which they think is just awesome because they can freakin play the same song fifty times in a row and record it over and over and over again. Yeah, that's fantastic for the rest of us in the house. The truth is though, it's not like it's a constant wail of loudness. They pretty much talk and joke around half the time anyway. It's like "play depressing crappy song...tell a story from work this week...play depressing crappy song...joke about Jon's indecipherable beat from previous version of depressing crappy song." Don't get me wrong, their music actually isn't terrible. I just don't get why they can't play in a garage or something. Garages were invented for storing unused exercise equipment and wannabe rock bands. Basements are for hiding from humans. I was perfectly content with the soothing hum of the furnace and water heater in surround sound. Hook that up to an amp. Now you're talkin. Perfectly content...perfectly....perrrrrrrrrrr....ah....TGI Saturday. No practice for another week. Thank you gods of auditory functioning.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment